It has been a bit since I last updated - a lot has gotten done in that time! Over spring break, I was first able to finish Johnny Fuego's textures. I made 12 alternate colors, and then we noticed a few errors with the texturing that needed to be fixed. So I went back into substance painter, fixed all these issues, and brought it back out!
Now we currently have 6 alternate colors, plus original Fuego. I'll continue adding more Fuego colors when I get the chance.
Another thing that took up a lot of my time the last few weeks was finishing Winter's textures. The icy arms gave me the most trouble, but after getting feedback in class last week I felt like we got to a point that we're happy with for her current look.
Her pants were originally going to be a liiiittle lighter than they are now, but we got feedback that it should break up the torso and feet a bit more, so I darkened them.
The last thing I've worked on is Winter's deity - The Demon Boar. Its tusks are made of ice, and its body is made to imitate the colors found on Winter's costume (well, rather, it's the other way around). It's not quite done yet, but this is what I've got!
Now the heftiest assets are done, all I've got left is a list of smaller tasks to complete in the next 3 weeks. It's pretty intimidating entering the last month, but I'm giving it my all.
© Cole Kirkpatrick 2017